About this book
One of the wonders of the universe we live in is the Milky Way, and this book provides a wonderful tour of its highlights for amateur astronomers observing below the equator. In its pages, Southern Hemisphere observers interested in viewing our own galaxy's finest features will find every constellation that the Milky Way passes through with detailed descriptions of the many objects that can be found therein, including stars, double and multiple stars, emission nebulae, planetary nebulae, dark nebulae and supernovae remnants, open and galactic clusters, and galaxies.
The book also details the one thing that is often left out of observing guides - the amazing star clouds of the Milky Way itself. Accompanying the descriptive text there are many star charts and maps, as well as the latest images made by observatories around the world and in space along with those taken by amateur astronomers. This second edition's updated scientific material and an easy-to-use layout perfect for many nights of fruitful observation.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-72950-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-72949-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-72950-3
- Series Print ISSN 1431-9756
- Series Online ISSN 2197-6562
- Buy this book on publisher's site