About this book
This book discusses design techniques, layout details and measurements of several key analog building blocks that currently limit the performance of 5G and E-Band transceivers implemented in deep-scaled CMOS. The authors present recent developments in low-noise quadrature VCOs and tunable inductor-less frequency dividers. Moreover, the design of low-loss broadband transformer-based filters that realize inter-stage matching, power division/combining and impedance transformation is discussed in great detail. The design and measurements of a low-noise amplifier, a downconverter and a highly-linear power amplifier that leverage the proposed techniques are shown. All the prototypes were realized in advanced nanometer scaled CMOS technologies without RF thick to metal option.
- Discusses the major implication of CMOS technology scaling on mm-Wave low power circuit design;
- Includes detailed design techniques, layout implementations and design examples of state-of-the-art mm-Wave broadband quadrature oscillators, frequency dividers, low-noise amplifiers, downconverters, and highly-linear power amplifiers;
- Provide a reference work for neophytes as well as more experienced mm-Wave design engineers.
High-Frequency Integrated Circuits low-noise quadrature VCOs tunable inductor-less frequency dividers CMOS mm-wave circuit design CMOS mm-wave Front-Ends for Wireless Communication 5G networks
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-72646-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-72645-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-72646-5
- Series Print ISSN 1872-082X
- Series Online ISSN 2197-1854
- Buy this book on publisher's site