About this book
This handbook explores the rapid growth in childhood developmental disabilities (DD) treatments. It reviews current evidence-based treatments for common psychopathologies and developmental disorders and evaluates the strengths of the treatments based on empirical evidence. Spanning infancy through the transition to young adulthood, chapters provide definitions, etiologies, prevalence, typical presentation and variants, assessment and diagnostic information, and age considerations. Chapters also review established and emerging psychological approaches and pharmacotherapies for cognitive, behavioral, emotional, medical, academic, and developmental issues as diverse as mood disorders, the autism spectrum, memory problems, feeding disorders, Tourette syndrome, and migraines. The wide range of topics covered aids practitioners in working with the complexities of young clients’ cases while encouraging further advances in an increasingly relevant field.
Topics featured in this handbook include:
The Handbook of Childhood Psychopathology and Developmental Disabilities Treatment is a must-have resource for researchers, graduate students, clinicians, and related therapists and professionals in clinical child and school psychology, pediatrics, social work, developmental psychology, behavioral therapy/rehabilitation, child and adolescent psychiatry, and special education.
- An introduction to Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Parent training interventions.
- Treatment strategies for depression in youth.
- Assessment and treatment of self-injurious behaviors in children with DD.
- Treatment approaches to aggression and tantrums in children with DD.
- Interventions for children with eating and feeding disorders.
Academic skills and developmental disorders ADHD and anxiety treatments and children Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and children Autism interventions and children Bipolar disorder and children Childhood psychopathology and evidence-based treatments Cognition, memory, and developmental disorders Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and children Developmental disabilities and children Ethics and childhood developmental disabilities Fears and phobias during childhood Informed consent and childhood developmental disabilities Mood disorders during childhood Parent training and developmental disabilities Pharmacology and children Physical and developmental during childhood Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and children Self-regulation and developmental disorders Social skills and developmental disorders Social skills interventions and developmental disabilities
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-71210-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-71209-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-71210-9
- Series Print ISSN 2192-922X
- Series Online ISSN 2192-9238
- Buy this book on publisher's site