About this book
Concerned with the fundamental concepts and methods of fracture mechanics and micromechanics, this textbook primarily focuses on the mechanical description of fracture process. However, material specific aspects are also discussed. The presentation of continuum mechanical and phenomenological foundations is followed by an introduction into classical failure hypotheses. A major part of the book is devoted to linear elastic and elastic-plastic fracture mechanics. Further subjects are creep fracture, dynamic fracture mechanics, damage mechanics, probabilistic fracture mechanics, failure of thin films and fracture of piezoelectric materials. The book also contains an extensive introduction into micromechanics.
The third edition is supplemented with various extensions, particularly with regard to the numerical treatment of fracture mechanical problems. Self-contained, well-illustrated and with further reading suggestions, this text serves as a graduate-level text and reference.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-71090-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-71089-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-71090-7
- Series Print ISSN 0941-5122
- Series Online ISSN 2192-063X
- Buy this book on publisher's site