Table of contents
About this book
This book presents state-of-the-art research and survey articles that highlight work done within the Priority Program SPP 1489 “Algorithmic and Experimental Methods in Algebra, Geometry and Number Theory”, which was established and generously supported by the German Research Foundation (DFG) from 2010 to 2016. The goal of the program was to substantially advance algorithmic and experimental methods in the aforementioned disciplines, to combine the different methods where necessary, and to apply them to central questions in theory and practice. Of particular concern was the further development of freely available open source computer algebra systems and their interaction in order to create powerful new computational tools that transcend the boundaries of the individual disciplines involved.
The book covers a broad range of topics addressing the design and theoretical foundations, implementation and the successful application of algebraic algorithms in order to solve mathematical research problems.
It offers a valuable resource for all researchers, from graduate students through established experts, who are interested in the computational aspects of algebra, geometry, and/or number theory.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-70566-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-70565-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-70566-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site