Table of contents
About this book
This book surveys state-of-the-art research on and developments in lithium-ion batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles. It summarizes their features in terms of performance, cost, service life, management, charging facilities, and safety. Vehicle electrification is now commonly accepted as a means of reducing fossil-fuels consumption and air pollution. At present, every electric vehicle on the road is powered by a lithium-ion battery.
Currently, batteries based on lithium-ion technology are ranked first in terms of performance, reliability and safety. Though other systems, e.g., metal-air, lithium-sulphur, solid state, and aluminium-ion, are now being investigated, the lithium-ion system is likely to dominate for at least the next decade – which is why several manufacturers, e.g., Toyota, Nissan and Tesla, are chiefly focusing on this technology.
Providing comprehensive information on lithium-ion batteries, the book includes contributions by the world’s leading experts on Li-ion batteries and vehicles.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-69950-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-69949-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-69950-9
- Series Print ISSN 1865-3529
- Series Online ISSN 1865-3537
- Buy this book on publisher's site