Table of contents
About this book
- partial differential equations representing a distributed-parameter setting;
- continuous-time ordinary differential equations (ODEs) representing a continuous-time lumped-parameter setting; and
- discreet-time ODEs representing a discrete-time lumped-parameter setting.
The second edition of Feedback Control Theory for Dynamic Traffic Assignment has been thoroughly updated with completely new chapters:
- a review of the DTA problem and emphasizing real-time-feedback-based problems;
- an up-to-date presentation of pertinent traffic-flow theory; and
- a treatment of the mathematical solution to the traffic dynamics.
Techinques accounting for the importance of entropy are further new inclusions at various points in the text.
Researchers working in traffic control will find the theoretical material presented a sound basis for further research; the continual reference to applications will help professionals working in highway administration and engineering with the increasingly important task of maintaining and smoothing traffic flow; the extensive use of end-of-chapter exercises will help the graduate student and those new to the field to extend their knowledge.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-69231-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-69229-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-69231-9
- Series Print ISSN 1430-9491
- Series Online ISSN 2193-1577
- Buy this book on publisher's site