About this book
This thesis provides a thorough noise analysis for conventional CIS readout chains, while also presenting and discussing a variety of noise reduction techniques that allow the read noise in standard processes to be optimized. Two physical implementations featuring sub-0.5-electron RMS are subsequently presented to verify the proposed noise reduction techniques and provide a full characterization of a VGA imager. Based on the verified noise calculation, the impact of the technology downscaling on the input-referred noise is also studied.
Further, the thesis covers THz CMOS image sensors and presents an original design that achieves ultra-low-noise performance. Last but not least, it provides a comprehensive review of CMOS image sensors.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-68774-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-68773-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-68774-2
- Series Print ISSN 2190-5053
- Series Online ISSN 2190-5061
- Buy this book on publisher's site