About this book
This book presents cases from different countries with a main focus on the perspectives of using precision farming in Europe. Divided into 12 chapters it addresses some of the most recent developments and aspects of precision farming. The intention of this book is to provide an overview of some of the most promising technologies with precision agriculture from an economic point of view. Each chapter has been put together so that it can be read individually should the reader wish to focus on one particular topic. Precision Farming as a farm technology benefits from large-scale advantages due to relatively high investment costs and is primarily adopted on farms with medium to large field areas.
The book is intended for readers who have an interest in precision farming and the economic potential for applying modern technology in arable farming. The book will provide a broad economic and technical insight into the area of advanced farming and cropping systems.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-68715-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-68713-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-68715-5
- Series Print ISSN 2511-2260
- Series Online ISSN 2511-2279
- Buy this book on publisher's site