Table of contents
About this book
This book presents recent developments and research trends in the field of feature selection for data and pattern recognition, highlighting a number of latest advances.
The field of feature selection is evolving constantly, providing numerous new algorithms, new solutions, and new applications. Some of the advances presented focus on theoretical approaches, introducing novel propositions highlighting and discussing properties of objects, and analysing the intricacies of processes and bounds on computational complexity, while others are dedicated to the specific requirements of application domains or the particularities of tasks waiting to be solved or improved.
Divided into four parts – nature and representation of data; ranking and exploration of features; image, shape, motion, and audio detection and recognition; decision support systems, it is of great interest to a large section of researchers including students, professors and practitioners.
Intelligent Systems Computational Intelligence Feature Selection Pattern Recognition Classification Data Mining
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-67588-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-67587-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-67588-6
- Series Print ISSN 1868-4394
- Series Online ISSN 1868-4408
- Buy this book on publisher's site