Table of contents
About this book
This book contains exercises connected with some of the fun or more unusual aspects of the English languageand with games that typically a native English speaker would do. The games have been adapted into a manageable format, but the actual vocabulary contained has not been changed.
The types of games include: lateral thinking games, riddles, logic tests, anagrams, palindromes, proverbs, limericks, word ladders, tongue twisters, plus a whole host of other word-related games.
Easy English! is a series of books to help you learn and revise your English with minimal effort. You can improve your English by
- reading texts in English that you might well normally read in your own language e.g. jokes, personality tests, lateral thinking games, wordsearches.
- doing short exercises to improve specific areas grammar and vocabulary, i.e. the areas that tend to lead to the most mistakes - the aim is just to focus on what you really need rather than overwhelming yourself with a mass of rules, many of which may have no practical daily value
Other books in the Easy English!series include:
Wordsearches: Widen Your Vocabulary in English
Test Your Personality: Have Fun and Learn Useful PhrasesWord games, Riddles and Logic Tests: Tax Your Brain and Boost Your English
Top 50 Grammar Mistakes: How to Avoid Them
Top 50 Vocabulary Mistakes: How to Avoid Them
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-67241-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Social Sciences Social Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-67240-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-67241-0
- Series Print ISSN 2522-8617
- Series Online ISSN 2522-8625
- Buy this book on publisher's site