Table of contents
About this book
This is a textbook that derives the fundamental theories of physics from symmetry.
It starts by introducing, in a completely self-contained way, all mathematical tools needed to use symmetry ideas in physics. Thereafter, these tools are put into action and by using symmetry constraints, the fundamental equations of Quantum Mechanics, Quantum Field Theory, Electromagnetism, and Classical Mechanics are derived.
As a result, the reader is able to understand the basic assumptions behind, and the connections between the modern theories of physics. The book concludes with first applications of the previously derived equations.
Thanks to the input of readers from around the world, this second edition has been purged of typographical errors and also contains several revised sections with improved explanations.
- Book Title Physics from Symmetry
- Series Title Undergraduate Lecture Notes in Physics
- Series Abbreviated Title Undergraduate Lect. Notes Physics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-66631-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-66630-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-88288-8
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-66631-0
- Series ISSN 2192-4791
- Series E-ISSN 2192-4805
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XXI, 287
- Number of Illustrations 13 b/w illustrations, 15 illustrations in colour
Mathematical Methods in Physics
Particle and Nuclear Physics
Topological Groups, Lie Groups
- Buy this book on publisher's site