About this book
This book is published under a CC BY 4.0 license.
This book provides original, up-to-date case studies of “ethics dumping” that were largely facilitated by loopholes in the ethics governance of low and middle-income countries. It is instructive even to experienced researchers since it provides a voice to vulnerable populations from the forementioned countries. Ensuring the ethical conduct of North-South collaborations in research is a process fraught with difficulties. The background conditions under which such collaborations take place include extreme differentials in available income and power, as well as a past history of colonialism, while differences in culture can add a new layer of complications. In this context, up-to-date case studies of unethical conduct are essential for research ethics training.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-64731-9
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and the Author(s) 2018
- License CC BY
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Religion and Philosophy
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-64730-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-64731-9
- Series Print ISSN 2452-0519
- Series Online ISSN 2452-0527
- Buy this book on publisher's site