Table of contents
About this book
This thesis explores the connection between gravity and thermodynamics and provides a unification scheme that opens up new directions of exploration. Further elaborating on the Hawking effect and the possibility of singularity avoidance, the author not only discusses the information loss paradox at a broader level but also provides a possible solution to it. As the final frontier, it describes some novel effects arising from the microscopic structure of spacetime.
Taken as a whole, the thesis addresses three major research areas in gravitational physics: it starts with classical gravity, proceeds to the black hole information loss paradox, and closes with Planck scale physics. The thesis is written in a lucid and pedagogical style, with an introduction accessible to researchers from other branches of physics and a discussion presenting open questions and future directions, which will benefit and hopefully inspire next-generation researchers.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-63733-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-63732-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-63733-4
- Series Print ISSN 2190-5053
- Series Online ISSN 2190-5061
- Buy this book on publisher's site