Table of contents
About these proceedings
This book addresses nearly all aspects of the state of the art in LES & DNS of turbulent flows, ranging from flows in biological systems and the environment to external aerodynamics, domestic and centralized energy production, combustion, propulsion as well as applications of industrial interest. Following the advances in increased computational power and efficiency, several contributions are devoted to LES & DNS of challenging applications, mainly in the area of turbomachinery, including flame modeling, combustion processes and aeroacoustics.
The book includes work presented at the tenth Workshop on 'Direct and Large-Eddy Simulation' (DLES-10), which was hosted in Cyprus by the University of Cyprus, from May 27 to 29, 2015. The goal of the workshop was to establish a state of the art in DNS, LES and related techniques for the computation and modeling of turbulent and transitional flows. The book is of interest to scientists and engineers, both in the early stages of their career and at a more senior level.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-63212-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-63211-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-63212-4
- Series Print ISSN 1382-4309
- Series Online ISSN 2215-1826
- Buy this book on publisher's site