About this book
Among the featured topics:
- Rising challenges and opportunities of uncertain times for Asian American families.
- A critical race perspective on an empirical review of Asian American parental racial-ethnic socialization.
- Socioeconomic status and child/youth outcomes in Asian American families.
- Daily associations between adolescents’ race-related experiences and family processes.
- Understanding and addressing parent-adolescent conflict in Asian American families.
- Behind the disempowering parenting: expanding the framework to understand Asian-American women’s self-harm and suicidality.
Asian American Parenting is vital reading for social workers, mental health professionals, and practitioners working family therapy cases who seek specific, practice-oriented case examples and resources for empowering interventions with Asian American parents and families.