About this book
This textbook gives a systematized and compact summary, providing the most essential types of modern models for languages and computation together with their properties and applications. Most of these models properly reflect and formalize current computational methods, based on parallelism, distribution and cooperation covered in this book. As a result, it allows the user to develop, study, and improve these methods very effectively.
This textbook also represents the first systematic treatment of modern language models for computation. It covers all essential theoretical topics concerning them. From a practical viewpoint, it describes various concepts, methods, algorithms, techniques, and software units based upon these models. Based upon them, it describes several applications in biology, linguistics, and computer science.
Advanced-level students studying computer science, mathematics, linguistics and biology will find this textbook a valuable resource. Theoreticians, practitioners and researchers working in today’s theory of computation and its applications will also find this book essential as a reference.
- Book Title Modern Language Models and Computation
- Book Subtitle Theory with Applications
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-63100-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-63099-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-87473-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-63100-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIX, 548
- Number of Illustrations 20 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Theory of Computation
Mathematics of Computing
- Buy this book on publisher's site