Table of contents
About this book
This book provides best-practice guidance and practical recommendations on the use of numerical simulation for probability of detection (POD) curve estimation in the study of non-destructive testing reliability. It focuses on ultrasonic testing (UT) weld inspection but many of the principles can be applied to a broader range of techniques and situations.
The first part lists and briefly describes the principal documents that establish the recommended statistical framework adapted for POD curve estimation. It also presents the most important initiatives on the model assisted probability of detection (MAPOD) approach in recent years. The second part provides details of the advantages and limitations of the simulation in this context. The third part then describes the prerequisites for the use of simulation (validation of the software, expertise of the user), and the fourth and main part offers the methodology and guidance as well as possible applications for using POD curves determined using simulation.
MAPOD approach Non-destructive testing Ultrasonic testing UT defect sizing curves MIL-HDBK-1823A numerical simulation for POD curve estimation
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-62659-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-62658-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-62659-8
- Series Print ISSN 2365-435X
- Series Online ISSN 2365-4368
- Buy this book on publisher's site