Table of contents
About this book
This book collects a high-quality selection of contemporary research and case studies on the complexity resulting from human/reliability management in industrial plants and critical infrastructures. It includes:
- Human-error management issues—considering how to reduce human errors as much as possible.
- Reliability management issues—considering the ability of a system or component to function under certain conditions for a specified period of time.
Thus, the book analyses globally the problem regarding the human and reliability management to reduce human errors as much as possible and to ensure safety and security in critical infrastructures.
Accidents continue to be the major concern in “critical infrastructures”, and human factors have been proved to be the prime causes to accidents. Clearly, human dynamics are a challenging management function to guarantee reliability, safety and costs reduction in critical infrastructures.
The book is enriched by figures, examples and extensive case studies and is a valuable reference resource for those with involved in disaster and emergency planning as well as researchers interested both in theoretical and practical aspects.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-62319-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-62318-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-62319-1
- Series Print ISSN 1614-7839
- Series Online ISSN 2196-999X
- Buy this book on publisher's site