Table of contents
About this book
This book presents a systematic overview of the most common cardiovascular defects as they are observed in adults, with a particular focus on the long-term effects and issues that may arise following surgical or interventional repair. In-depth information is provided on the standard of repair or palliation and on the role of different imaging techniques, especially CT and MRI, in the evaluation of these patients. Each chapter includes a detailed imaging protocol and describes the management appropriate to particular conditions and circumstances.
Congenital heart disease (CHD) is one of the most common inborn defects. The success in treating CHD in children, even when they have complex cardiovascular defects, is resulting in a steady increase in the number of adults with CHD who need to be followed up clinically and by imaging owing to the potential for late sequelae. In providing expert, up-to-date guidance on selection of imaging modality, image interpretation, and management, this book will be a valuable resource for all radiologists, cardiologists, and pediatricians who are responsible for the care of adult and adolescent patients with CHD.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-61888-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-61886-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-61888-3
- Series Print ISSN 0942-5373
- Series Online ISSN 2197-4187
- Buy this book on publisher's site