Table of contents
About this book
This edited collection explores the conjunction of multiculturalism and the self in literature and culture studies, and brings together essays by prominent researchers interested in literature and culture whose critical perspectives inform discussions of specific examples of multicultural contexts in which individuals and communities strive to maintain their identities.
The book is divided into two major parts, the first of which comprises literary representations of multiculturalism and discussions of its impasses and impacts in fictional circumstances. In turn, the second part primarily focuses on culture at large and real-life consequences. Taken together, the two complementary parts offer an illuminating and well-rounded overview of representations of multiculturalism in literature and contemporary culture from a variety of critical perspectives.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-61049-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Literature, Cultural and Media Studies Literature, Cultural and Media Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-61048-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-61049-8
- Series Print ISSN 2193-7648
- Series Online ISSN 2193-7656
- Buy this book on publisher's site