About this book
This edited volume offers an understanding of how the international community, as a collection of significant actors including major states and intergovernmental institutions, has responded to the important political and social development of the Arab Spring. Contributors analyze the response by international organizations (UN, EU, NATO), big powers (US, Russia, China, UK), regional powers (Turkey, Iran, Israel, Saudi Arabia) and small powers (Kuwait, Qatar). The book thus makes a sound contribution to the existing literature on the Arab Spring in form of foreign policy analysis and provides an overview of the current shape and outlook of global politics.
Cenap Cakmak is Professor of International Law and Politics at Eskişehir Osmangazi University, Turkey, and Senior Researcher at Wise Men Center for Strategic Research, Turkey.
Ali Onur Özçelik is Assistant Professor at Eskişehir Osmangazi University, Turkey.
Arab Spring Arab uprising MENA International community Global politics popular unrest
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-60985-0
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-60984-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-60985-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site