About this book
Included in the coverage:
Comparison of the APA and CPA ethics codes.
- Proposing five core and five supplementary ethical principles and their sub-principles.
- Analyzing the APA’s ethical standards toward revising the APA ethics code.
- Elucidating new standards, domains, sub-domains, and meta-principles.
- Culling lessons from the 2017 AMA medical ethics code.
- Examining ethical decision-making: fallacies/biases and models.
- Proposing new concepts, such as participatory ethics and psychological co-regulation.
- Giving concrete and practical recommendations toward revising the APA ethics code and creating a universal mental health ethics code.
An exhaustive text that spans clinical, research, teaching, and education domains, Revising the APA Ethics Code is essential reading for ethics scholars, practitioners, and the APA administrative and ethics committee hierarchies. These real-world guidelines will help ensure that the mental health professions remain both modern and moral.