Table of contents
About this book
This book describes the demographic and clinical patterns of Zika infection and evaluates the risk of it spreading to Europe. It reflects the hands-on experience of the author, who as a physician, was faced with the first-ever cases reported in Europe. Providing essential background information on the viral vector, it addresses the various symptoms after infection, and places them in the epidemiological context of past outbreaks.
The book addresses the needs of physicians attending patients with infectious diseases, including infectious-disease specialists, pediatricians, internal medicine specialists, general practitioners, obstetricians, tropical medicine and travel medicine specialists, preventive medicine and public health specialists, microbiologists, biologists and vectorial control specialists. It raises clinicians’ and travel health clinics’ awareness of the evolution of Zika virus outbreaks and the affected areas so that they can include this infection in their differential diagnoses for travelers from those areas.
Zika Virus Infection Disease outbreak Viral vectors Public healthcare Infection control
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-59406-4
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-59405-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-59406-4
- Series Print ISSN 2194-2773
- Series Online ISSN 2194-2781
- Buy this book on publisher's site