Table of contents
About this book
Topics featured in the Handbook include:
- Translating the quality of life concept into practice.
- The Casual Agency Theory and its implications for understanding self-determination.
- The Mindfulness-Based Individualized Support Plan (MBISP) and its use in providing support to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- The unique role that friendship plays to people’s lives and social well-being.
- Supported Decision-Making (SDM) as an alternative to guardianship.
- A positive psychology approach to aging and retirement.
The Handbook of Positive Psychology in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities is a must-have resource for researchers, professors, and graduate students as well as clinicians and related professionals in clinical child and school psychology, behavioral therapy, social work, applied behavioral analysis, recreational therapy, occupational therapy, education, speech and language pathology, psychiatry, clinical medicine, and nursing.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-59066-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-59065-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-59066-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site