Table of contents
About this book
The book presents state-of-the-art developments in multiscale modeling and latest experimental data on multiscale mechanobiology of bone remodeling and adaptation including fracture healing applications. The multiscale models include musculoskeletal models describing bone-muscle interactions during daily activities such as walking or running, micromechanical models for estimation of bone mechanical properties, bone remodeling and adaptation models, cellular models describing the complex bone-cell interactions taking into account biochemical and biomechanical regulatory factors.
Also subcellular processes are covered including arrangement of actin filaments due to mechanical loading and change of receptor configurations.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-58845-2
- Copyright Information CISM International Centre for Mechanical Sciences 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-58843-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-58845-2
- Series Print ISSN 0254-1971
- Series Online ISSN 2309-3706
- Buy this book on publisher's site