About this book
This accessible and engaging textbook presents a concise introduction to the exciting field of artificial intelligence (AI). The broad-ranging discussion covers the key subdisciplines within the field, describing practical algorithms and concrete applications in the areas of agents, logic, search, reasoning under uncertainty, machine learning, neural networks, and reinforcement learning. Fully revised and updated, this much-anticipated second edition also includes new material on deep learning.
Topics and features:
- Presents an application-focused and hands-on approach to learning, with supplementary teaching resources provided at an associated website
- Contains numerous study exercises and solutions, highlighted examples, definitions, theorems, and illustrative cartoons
- Includes chapters on predicate logic, PROLOG, heuristic search, probabilistic reasoning, machine learning and data mining, neural networks and reinforcement learn
Dr. Wolfgang Ertel is a professor at the Institute for Artificial Intelligence at the Ravensburg-Weingarten University of Applied Sciences, Germany.
- Book Title Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Series Title Undergraduate Topics in Computer Science
- Series Abbreviated Title Undergraduate Topics Computer Sci.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-58487-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-58486-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-58487-4
- Series ISSN 1863-7310
- Series E-ISSN 2197-1781
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XIV, 356
- Number of Illustrations 84 b/w illustrations, 46 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site