Table of contents
About this book
This book examines how digital technology is being used to assist the artists and designers. The computer is able to store data and reproduce designs, thus facilitating the speed-up of the iterative process towards a final design which meets the objectives of the designer and the requirements of the user. Collaborative design enables the sharing of information across digital networks to produce designed objects in virtual spaces. Augmented and virtual reality techniques can be used to preview designs before they are finalized and implemented. Art and design have shaped the values, social structures, communications, and the culture of communities and civilisations. The direct involvement of artists and designers with their creative works has left a legacy enabling subsequent generations to understand more about their skills, their motivations, and their relationship to the wider world, and to see it from a variety of perspectives. This in turn causes the viewers of their works to reflect upon their meaning for today and the lasting value and implications of what has been created.
Art installations are harnessing modern technology to process information and to display it. Such environments have also proved useful in engaging users and visitors with real-time images and interactive art.
Technology-mediated art and design Collaborative art and design Art Installation Interactive Art Design Environments
- Book Title Art, Design and Technology: Collaboration and Implementation
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Computer Science
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs Computer Sci.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-58121-7
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-58120-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-58121-7
- Series ISSN 2191-5768
- Series E-ISSN 2191-5776
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIII, 87
- Number of Illustrations 1 b/w illustrations, 6 illustrations in colour
User Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction
Computer Appl. in Arts and Humanities
- Buy this book on publisher's site