About this book
A concise guide for ophthalmologists detailing tuberculosis, which can cause disease in multiple organs throughout the body, including the eye. Tuberculosis is an infection caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis. It can affect any part of the eye (intraocular, superficial or surrounding the eye), with or without presence of systemic involvement. Difficulty in obtaining adequate ocular tissue for histopathological and microbiological analysis makes it difficult to conclusively establish a diagnosis of tuberculosis in ocular disorders. Ocular Tuberculosis is a text devoted to in-depth coverage of this topic.
Written and edited by international leaders in the field, discussing detailed and practical information on everything from clinical features, ocular imaging studies, and pathology, to investigations, treatment and surgical management of this disease, Ocular Tuberculosis is a truly comprehensive text.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-57520-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-57519-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-57520-9
- Series Print ISSN 1612-3212
- Series Online ISSN 2196-890X
- Buy this book on publisher's site