Table of contents
About this book
This book showcases experiences from research, field projects and best practice in climate change adaptation in countries in the Latin American region, focusing on managing vulnerability and fostering resilience. It includes a selection of papers presented at a specialist symposium on climate change adaptation held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in November 2016.
Consistent with the need for more cross-sectoral interaction among the various stakeholders working in the field of climate change adaptation in Latin America, the book documents and disseminates the wealth of experiences in the region. It is divided into two main parts: Part 1 addresses the current and future impacts of climate change on fauna, flora and landscapes, while Part 2 is concerned with the socio-economic aspects of climate change adaptation, analyzing some of the main problems prevailing in this vulnerable region and examining ways to address them.
Climate Change Adaptation Climate Change Mitigation Vulnerability Resilient Regions Ecosystems
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-56946-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-56945-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-56946-8
- Series Print ISSN 1610-2010
- Series Online ISSN 1610-2002
- Buy this book on publisher's site