Table of contents
About this book
This brief critically reviews the structure and applications of polysaccharide based materials as a green and sustainable resource in water and water treatment operations.
The authors present a fascinating insight into the application of this renewable resource in water and wastewater treatment operations approached from multiple perspectives: mechanistic insight into the coagulation efficiency of polysaccharides based coagulants; progress and prospects of polysaccharide composites as adsorbent for water and wastewater treatment; structural modifications of polysaccharides for enhanced performance as adsorbents; tuning polysaccharides framework for optimal coagulation efficiency; and tapping into microbial polysaccharides for water and wastewater purifications.
This brief is aimed at professionals active in the science and engineering aspects of water and wastewater treatment operations.
Polysaccharide Based Coagulants Biosorbent Polymers Biocoagulant Materials Bioflocculant Materials Composite Materials
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-56599-6
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-56598-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-56599-6
- Series Print ISSN 2191-5407
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5415
- Buy this book on publisher's site