About this book
The main goal of this book is to explain the core ideas of process mining, and to demonstrate how they can be implemented using just some basic tools that are available to any computer scientist or data scientist. It describes how to analyze event logs in order to discover the behavior of real-world business processes. The end result can often be visualized as a graph, and the book explains how to use Python and Graphviz to render these graphs intuitively. Overall, it enables the reader to implement process mining techniques on his or her own, independently of any specific process mining tool. An introduction to two popular process mining tools, namely Disco and ProM, is also provided.
The book will be especially valuable for self-study or as a precursor to a more advanced text. Practitioners and students will be able to follow along on their own, even if they have no prior knowledge of the topic. After reading this book, they will be able to more confidently proceed to the research literature if needed.
Process Mining Business Process Management Business Intelligence Python Graphviz Information Systems
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-56427-2
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-56426-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-56427-2
- Series Print ISSN 2192-4929
- Series Online ISSN 2192-4937
- Buy this book on publisher's site