About this book
This book identifies the key sources of growth that have played a significant role in Africa's recent robust growth as well as its efforts towards economic transformation. The chapters assess to what extent the existing macroeconomic frameworks among African countries have been streamlined to the countries' development priorities in order to achieve long-term growth and economic transformation.
Taking into account the diversity of African countries, the authors establish the economic linkages between relevant macroeconomic policy variables and the key sources of growth and development among the selected African economies, based on both theoretical and empirical underpinnings. Following this, the authors suggest an outline of a macroeconomic framework for Africa’s long-term growth and economic transformation.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-51947-0
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2017
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-51946-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-51947-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site