About this book
This book explores statistical models in regional specialization, presenting a brand new measure. It begins by reviewing existing indicators and models of regional specialization before outlining a newly created, spatially embedded model of specialization based on the spatial distribution of firms. It addresses the various applications of the model, and how the model can be used in regional policy.
With its interdisciplinary application, this book should appeal to academics, applied researchers and policy makers as well as newcomers to the field of regional specialisation.
- Book Title Measuring Regional Specialisation
- Book Subtitle A New Approach
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-51505-2
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2017
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-51504-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-84669-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-51505-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXXI, 466
- Number of Illustrations 59 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site