About this book
This book focuses on the theory and application of power switching components in power networks. More specifically, it discusses current interruption theory, applied stresses to switching components in power networks and appropriate methods to test their different functionalities. It reviews the basic working principles of current technologies and summarizes the upcoming technological advances within the field of power switching devices.
Taking an educational approach to the subject, this book is useful for graduate courses on high voltage equipment and power device technology within the electric power engineering discipline. Furthermore, inclusion of numerous worked examples, exercises and easily digestible descriptions of complex physical phenomena in switching devices make this an invaluable self-learning resource for engineers.
Power switching devices Disconnecting power switches Transient recovery voltage HVDC current Power device technology Short circuit current Testing of circuit breakers Power networks Applied stresses to switching components Circuit breaker Switching arc Power current interruption High voltage equipment Power device technology textbook Power transmission and distribution networks Gas circuit breakers Oil circuit breakers
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-51460-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-51459-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-51460-4
- Series Print ISSN 1612-1287
- Series Online ISSN 1860-4676
- Buy this book on publisher's site