Table of contents
About this book
This authoritative text/reference describes the state of the art in requirements engineering for software systems for distributed computing. A particular focus is placed on integrated solutions, which take into account the requirements of scalability, flexibility, sustainability and operability for distributed environments.
Topics and features:
- Discusses the latest developments, tools, technologies and trends in software requirements engineering
- Reviews the relevant theoretical frameworks, practical approaches and methodologies for service requirements
- Examines the three key components of the requirements engineering process, namely requirements elicitation, requirements specification, and requirements validation and evaluation
- Presents detailed contributions from an international selection of highly reputed experts in the field
- Offers guidance on best practices, and suggests directions for further research in the area
This illuminating volume is ideal for all researchers, lecturers and students wishing to enhance their knowledge of the technologies, methods and frameworks relevant to requirements engineering for distributed environments. Software engineers and project managers interested in adopting the latest approaches will also find this book a helpful and practical reference.
Dr. Muthu Ramachandran is a Principal Lecturer in the School of Computing, Creative Technologies, and Engineering at Leeds Beckett University, UK. Prof. Zaigham Mahmood is a Senior Technology Consultant at Debesis Education UK and an Associate Lecturer (Research) at the University of Derby, UK. He also holds positions as Foreign Professor at NUST and IIU in Islamabad, Pakistan, and Professor Extraordinaire at the North West University Potchefstroom, South Africa.