Table of contents
About this book
This book is open access under a CC BY 4.0 license.
This volume addresses the potential for combining large-scale marine aquaculture of macroalgae, molluscs, crustaceans, and finfish, with offshore structures, primarily those associated with energy production, such as wind turbines and oil-drilling platforms. The volume offers a comprehensive overview and includes chapters on policy, science, engineering, and economic aspects to make this concept a reality. The compilation of chapters authored by internationally recognized researchers across the globe addresses the theoretical and practical aspects of multi-use, and presents case studies of research, development, and demonstration-scale installations in the US and EU.
Aquaculture Wind Turbines Oil Platforms Macroalgae Molluscs Crustaceans Finfish Integrated Multi-trophic Aquaculture (IMTA) Economic Analysis Operations and Maintenance Co-management Marine governance Socio-economics
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-51159-7
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2017
- License CC BY
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-51157-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-51159-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site