About this book
This book presents a comprehensive overview of the freezing of colloidal suspensions and explores cutting-edge research in the field. It is the first book to deal with this phenomenon from a multidisciplinary perspective, and examines the various occurrences, their technological uses, the fundamental phenomena, and the different modeling approaches. Its chapters integrate input from fields as diverse as materials science, physics, biology, mathematics, geophysics, and food science, and therefore provide an excellent point of departure for anyone interested in the topic.
The main content is supplemented by a wealth of figures and illustrations to elucidate the concepts presented, and includes a final chapter providing advice for those starting out in the field. As such, the book provides an invaluable resource for materials scientists, physicists, biologists, and mathematicians, and will also benefit food engineers, civil engineers, and materials processing professionals.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-50515-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-50513-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-50515-2
- Series Print ISSN 1619-0181
- Series Online ISSN 2365-0761
- Buy this book on publisher's site