About this book
This book focuses on the interplay between Eulerian and Lagrangian conservation laws for systems that admit physical motivation and originate from continuum mechanics. Ultimately, it highlights what is specific to and beneficial in the Lagrangian approach and its numerical methods. The two first chapters present a selection of well-known features of conservation laws and prepare readers for the subsequent chapters, which are dedicated to the analysis and discretization of Lagrangian systems.
The text is at the frontier of applied mathematics and scientific computing and appeals to students and researchers interested in Lagrangian-based computational fluid dynamics. It also serves as an introduction to the recent corner-based Lagrangian finite volume techniques.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-50355-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-50354-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-50355-4
- Series Print ISSN 1660-8046
- Series Online ISSN 1660-8054
- Buy this book on publisher's site