About this book
This thesis addresses the evolving field of measurement science, specifically that of mass spectrometry (MS) and ion mobility spectrometry (IMS) based techniques. It focuses on the design, construction and implementation of low-cost, easy-to-manufacture measurement tools that are used in modern settings such as airport security screening.
Advances in these technologies often involve minimal performance enhancement at ever-increasing cost, which in turn limits accessibility to versatile measurement tools. This problem is addressed using desktop 3D printers along with widely available materials for the production of novel ion lenses and an IMS instrument with a performance comparable to that of many commercial systems.
Baird´s findings are a source of inspiration for scientists exploring this emerging field.
Atmospheric Pressure Ion Focusing Ion Mobility Spectrometry 3D Printed Diagnostics Electrospray Ionization Electrospray Ion Focusing Ion Trajectory Simulations Ambient Ion Mobility Spectrometry Annular Ion Focusing Ambient Mass Spectrometry
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-49869-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-49868-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-49869-0
- Series Print ISSN 2190-5053
- Series Online ISSN 2190-5061
- Buy this book on publisher's site