Table of contents
About this book
This book discusses how to apply the basic principles of pedology to the tropical soils of the Indian subcontinent, with an emphasis on ways to enhance crop productivity.
The book showcases the research contributions on pedology, geomorphology, mineralogy, micromorphology and climate change collected from the literature on three major soil types: shrink-swell soils, red ferruginous (RF) soils and the soils that occur in the tropical environments of the Indo-Gangetic Plains (IGP). It also provides insights into several aspects of five pedogenetically important soil orders like Alfisols, Mollisols, Ultisols, Vertisols and Inceptisols found in tropical Indian environments.
Documenting the significance of minerals in soils and their overall influence in soil science in terms of pedology, paleopedology, polygenesis and edaphology, it provides a knowledge base that is critical when attempting to bridge the gap between food production and population growth.
- Book Title A Treatise of Indian and Tropical Soils
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-49439-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-49438-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-84162-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-49439-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 180
- Number of Illustrations 26 b/w illustrations, 18 illustrations in colour
Soil Science & Conservation
Climate Change/Climate Change Impacts
Earth System Sciences
- Buy this book on publisher's site