Table of contents
About this book
Addressing the challenge of improving battery quality while reducing high costs and environmental impacts of the production, this book presents a multiscale simulation approach for battery production systems along with a software environment and an application procedure.
Battery systems are among the most important technologies of the 21st century since they are enablers for the market success of electric vehicles and stationary energy storage solutions. However, the performance of batteries so far has limited possible applications. Addressing this challenge requires an interdisciplinary understanding of dynamic cause-effect relationships between processes, equipment, materials, and environmental conditions.
The approach in this book supports the integrated evaluation of improvement measures and is usable for different planning horizons. It is applied to an exemplary battery cell production and module assembly in order to demonstrate the effectiveness and potential benefits of the simulation.
Energy Efficient battery production Production Engineering Simulation and Modeling Battery systems battery cell production
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-49367-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-49366-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-49367-1
- Series Print ISSN 2194-0541
- Series Online ISSN 2194-055X
- Buy this book on publisher's site