Table of contents
About this book
In this book leading scientists in the field describe the basic principles of dryland agriculture, and synthesize recent experiences and innovations in dryland agriculture research and development. It is a ready reference on the subject and reinforces the understanding for its utilization to develop environmentally sustainable and profitable food production systems. Various elements of dryland agriculture are described, highlighting associated breeding and modelling efforts, analysing the experiences and challenges of dryland agriculture in different regions, and it proposes some practical innovations and new areas of research in this critical area of agriculture.
This book is an invaluable source of information for scientists, teachers and students in the fields of agronomy, ecology, environmental sciences, range management, land and water management and sustainable livestock grazing systems.
Biodiversity Crop nutrition Genetic improvement Modeling Water harvesting Dryland agriculture Land and Water Management Innovations
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-47928-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-47927-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-47928-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site