About this book
This book provides a fundamental understanding of immunopathology and immunopathologic processes, with particular attention to nonclinical toxicology studies. Chapters provide organ system–based summaries of spontaneous pathology and common responses to xenobiotics. A companion volume, Immunopathology in Toxicology and Drug Development: Volume 1, Immunobiology, Investigative Techniques, and Special Studies, offers an overview of general immunobiology, cells of the immune system, signaling and effector molecules, and immunopathology assays.
These informative and strategic books were created in response to the large segment of drug development that focuses on chronic diseases, many of which involve alterations to the immune system. Therapies that target these diseases commonly involve some form of immunomodulation. As a result, the two volumes of Immunopathology in Toxicology and Drug Development are critical texts for individuals involved in diverse aspects of drug development. Readers will acquire a thorough understanding of immunopathology for detection and accurate interpretation of pathologic effects of xenobiotics on the immune system.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-47385-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-47384-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-47385-7
- Series Print ISSN 2168-4219
- Series Online ISSN 2168-4235
- Buy this book on publisher's site