About this book
This book introduces a completely novel architecture that can relax the trade-off existing today between noise, power and area consumption in a very suitable solution for advanced wireless communication systems. Through the combination of charge-domain operation with incremental signaling, this architecture gives the best of both worlds, providing the reduced area and high portability of digital-intensive architectures with an improved out-of-band noise performance given by intrinsic noise filtering capabilities. Readers will be enabled to design higher performance radio front-ends that consume less power and area, especially with respect to the transmitter and power amplifier designs, considered by many the “battery killers” on most mobile devices.
- Describes an innovative architecture that has proved to support advanced wireless communication systems, with outstanding noise performance and improved power and area consumption;
- Provides an in-depth description of underlying concepts, implementation and results achieved;
- Demonstrates two real implementations, showing design details and measurement results.
CMOS Front Ends for Wireless Communication Systems Power Amplifiers and Transmitters Low-power RF design Design of low-power radio front-end RF signal integrity
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-45787-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-45786-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-45787-1
- Series Print ISSN 1872-082X
- Series Online ISSN 2197-1854
- Buy this book on publisher's site