Table of contents
About these proceedings
This book gathers the peer-reviewed and revised versions of papers from the Seventh International Conference on Design Computing and Cognition (DCC'16), held at Northwestern University, Evanston (Chicago), USA, from 27–29 June 2016. The material presented here reflects cutting-edge design research with a focus on artificial intelligence, cognitive science and computational theories.
The papers are grouped under the following nine headings, describing advances in theory and applications alike and demonstrating the depth and breadth of design computing and design cognition: Design Creativity; Design Cognition - Design Approaches; Design Support; Design Grammars; Design Cognition - Design Behaviors; Design Processes; Design Synthesis; Design Activity and Design Knowledge.
The book will be of particular interest to researchers, developers and users of advanced computation in design across all disciplines, and to all readers who need to gain a better understanding of designing.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Design Computing and Cognition '16
John. S Gero
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-44989-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-44988-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-83181-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-44989-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 704
- Number of Illustrations 81 b/w illustrations, 131 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site