About this book
George Grätzer's Lattice Theory: Foundation is his third book on lattice theory (General Lattice Theory, 1978, second edition, 1998). In 2009, Grätzer considered updating the second edition to reflect some exciting and deep developments. He soon realized that to lay the foundation, to survey the contemporary field, to pose research problems, would require more than one volume and more than one person.
So Lattice Theory: Foundation provided the foundation. Now we complete this project with Lattice Theory: Special Topics and Applications, in two volumes, written by a distinguished group of experts, to cover some of the vast areas not in Foundation.
This second volume is divided into ten chapters contributed by K. Adaricheva, N. Caspard, R. Freese, P. Jipsen, J.B. Nation, N. Reading, H. Rose, L. Santocanale, and F. Wehrung.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-44236-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-44235-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-44236-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site