Table of contents
About this book
This volume serves as a proteomics reference manual, describing experimental design and execution. The book also shows a large number of examples as to what can be achieved using proteomics techniques. As a relatively young area of scientific research, the breadth and depth of the current state of the art in proteomics might not be obvious to all potential users. There are various books and review articles that cover certain aspects of proteomics but they often lack technical details. Subject specific literature also lacks the broad overviews that are needed to design an experiment in which all steps are compatible and coherent. The objective of this book was to create a proteomics manual to provide scientists who are not experts in the field with an overview of:
1. The types of samples can be analyzed by mass spectrometry for proteomics analysis.
2. Ways to convert biological or ecological samples to analytes ready for mass spectral analysis.3. Ways to reduce the complexity of the proteome to achieve better coverage of the constituent proteins.
4. How various mass spectrometers work and different ways they can be used for proteomics analysis5. The various platforms that are available for proteomics data analysis
6. The various applications of proteomics technologies in biological and medical sciences
This book should appeal to anyone with an interest in proteomics technologies, proteomics related bioinformatics and proteomics data generation and interpretation. With the broad setup and chapters written by experts in the field, there is information that is valuable for students as well as for researchers who are looking for a hands on introduction into the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities of proteomics.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-41448-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-41446-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-41448-5
- Series Print ISSN 0065-2598
- Series Online ISSN 2214-8019
- Buy this book on publisher's site