Table of contents
About this book
This book presents recent research addressing the effects of different types of compression clothing on sport performance and recovery after exercise. It is also the first book that summarizes the effects of compression clothing on all main motor abilities in the context of various sports, offering a wealth of practical guidelines on how to optimize performance and recovery with the help of compression clothing.
The book examines the effects of this clothing on physiological, psychological and biomechanical parameters including endurance, speed, strength, power, and motor control. It explains the basic principles involved in the reasonable application of compression garments in connection with different kinds of exercise, and describes the essential mechanisms of how compression garments work in a reader-friendly format that addresses the needs of researchers, athletes and coaches alike.
Compression Garments Venous Hemodynamics Endurance Exercise Recovery Muscle Soreness Inflammatory Markers
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-39480-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-39479-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-39480-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site