Table of contents
About this book
This essential reference guide to strategies and solutions for urban planning in hot arid environments reflects the journey toward many cities, towns and villages in Iran, which are documented and presented in the form of case studies and comparative analysis. It is the outcome of extensive research on the influence of historical, cultural and climatic factors on urban spatial forms and rural complexes in Iran’s Hot Arid Zone.
The environment of the Hot Arid Zone offers valuable insights into how to overcome historical difficulties, how to endure harsh climatic conditions, how to be innovative and creative in responding to problems in new ways, and how to utilize natural energy sources. Considerable attention is given to the recognition of values, current problems and the renewal of traditional fabrics, urban blocks and traditional buildings. Important aspects in both academic education and in the urban design profession include traditional urban structures and traditional approaches to using natural energy as a creative process that is continuously changing and renews itself over time – a dynamic characteristic from which we can glean many lessons for the future.
This book is based on a book previously published by the author in Persian. This version is an extensively revised version.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-39098-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-39097-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-39098-7
- Series Print ISSN 2365-757X
- Series Online ISSN 2365-7588
- Buy this book on publisher's site